ezoic-pub-ad-placeholder-135 - 970x90
Go PREMIUM to remove Ads

System Update - April

Admin Posted by nighthawk on 25 April 2022 - 13:41:44
Local Airport: CAX

Hello everyone,. and sorry for the lack of updates over the last few months.

Premium Members - Adverts

The issue with the adverts showing to premium members should finally be resolved. This will take effect next time you log in, so you may need to log out then log in again before you see the changes. If any premium members do see any ads, please let me know and I'll take care of it - please take note of what page it was on (screenshot if possible).

Apologies for the inconvenience here, I appreciate the primary purpose of upgrading is to view the site ad free, so sorry that this has not been the case over the last few months.

Google Maps Error

An error on the My Sightings page has been resolved regarding google maps, which was reverting to dev mode. This should now work correctly.

Error Editing Sighting (Premium Only)

Fixed issue relating to image upload causing errors when editing a sighting as a premium member where no image has been specified.

Help Needed

Also, if you spot any adverts that are overlapping text, can you please let me know where, and screenshot if necessary. This seems to be happening randomly and on certain browser / device configs, so is difficult to check all combinations.

Post Edited By nighthawk on 26/04/2022 - 08:28:49
Premium Posted by Dougiehd on 25 April 2022 - 18:26:37
Local Airport: CMB

Hi Nighthawk

errors editing sightings - I have edited a few recently and each time when clicking "update record" it goes to an error page - though the record is updated.

This occurred a few minutes ago editig G-VEVE and replacing seen at OTT with seen at LHR,

Admin Posted by nighthawk on 26 April 2022 - 08:27:46

thanks Dougie, issue found and fixed. it was related to the image upload - so was only affecting premium members. I was testing under a standard account.

Premium Posted by sherror on 26 April 2022 - 12:09:46
Local Airport: NWI

Hi Nighthawk

I am now ad free, so I thank you for all your effort to right everything.

It is funny how people will only complain when somethings go wrong, but never praise people for what they are doing or trying to do.

Ron

Premium Posted by Erazkiel on 28 April 2022 - 08:56:03
Local Airport: VAF

Hi Nighthawk,

Your update is well appreciate and we can all enjoy the work you did by sharing your corrections/improvements.

Regarding the military editors, do you have any leads?

Thanks again for all the job done. Paul

Posted by Swakeleys on 16 August 2022 - 18:31:39

Hi Nighthawk,

Repeating some of my observations relating to the January update:

UPDATES

In the first post [26 Jan] you noted that you were going to try and make more regular updates to let everyone know what was happening with regards to the website. Can we expect one soon? Ideally, I would have thought updates should be made monthly.

WEBSITE MONITORING

How often is the website monitored? In my view it should be daily in order to respond to any issues raised by users.

User JBakes has recently sent an email and had no response. See post:

https://www.planelogger.com/Forum/ViewTopic/1962

MILITARY EDITOR

Any news on a replacement?

User Erazkiel has chased this regularly over the past couple of months. See post:

https://www.planelogger.com/Forum/ViewTopic/1946

AIRFIELD CODES

A considerable number of requests are still outstanding from 12 Dec 2020. See post:

https://www.planelogger.com/Forum/ViewTopic/1749

Perhaps an Editor needs to be sought for this as well?

FORUM

There seem to be a number of topics which do not relate to aviation at all. Should these not be removed? See example:

https://www.planelogger.com/Forum/ViewTopic/1956

Conclusion

As mentioned before, the site has a great deal of potential but seems to be being held back by the points noted above.

I am sure some volunteers would come forward to help where necessary if requested and should this be a practical option.

Alternatively, If such issues were addressed promptly by employees on a regular basis, I am sure more users would convert to premium membership thus helping to fund the cost of their time.

Best wishes,

Swakeleys

Premium Posted by Erazkiel on 18 August 2022 - 14:45:59

Totally agreed with Swakeleys. This message is to keep the topic at the top !

Paul

Posted by erdni on 22 August 2022 - 16:16:29
Local Airport: Not specified

This message is to keep the topic at the top ! There seem to be a number of topics which do not relate to aviation at all. Should these not be removed? Yes they should.

Premium Posted by sherror on 24 August 2022 - 18:02:55

Nighthawk

I have just cancelled my premium membership, because I feel the site is struggling to keep up to date and is going downhill instead of climbing mountains. Promises of regular updates has not materialised and key members have left . There is a lot of better databases out there which are up to date and keeping a pace with changes.

Thank you Ron

Premium Posted by Erazkiel on 25 August 2022 - 14:56:33

Hi Ron,

I also thinking of leaving my premium membership. You mentionned other database. Could you drop me a message to tell me which one you are considering? You will find my email on any of my picture ;)

Premium Posted by bosshep on 28 August 2022 - 05:14:52
Local Airport: LGB

How on earth is this site allowing SPAM to get to the forums on such a niche site?? If membership dues are being paid I expect some form of moderation from leadership. Members are asking from leadership and getting no answers. This is not how to run a business/site.

Admin Posted by nighthawk on 29 August 2022 - 08:46:11

Thanks for the feedback guys, and apologizes as always for the lack of updates.

It's at a bit of a catch-22 situation where planelogger doesn't make enough money to justify investment, but can't make more money without investment. As a result, it drops down the priority list when things get busy, and higher paying projects come along.

With regards to forum moderation and updating airports, we dont currently have any functionality in place to allow a volunteer to take over those roles, it's all done directly int he DB. So first i'd need to find a few days free to develop the tools needed, before we can find an admin.

I'm hoping that I can do so in the next few days, as the spam issue is certainly annoying.

In the meantime, we need to grow the site so that we can justify the investment in new functionality. Please help by promoting the site to others and mentioning us on forums where you can.

Premium Posted by sherror on 30 August 2022 - 07:10:57

Nighthawk

Thanks for your update (if you can call it that)
          By your own words it looks like there is not going to be any improvement in the site for a long while and it is getting too big to be able to cope with. Probably you should turn it into an advert loggers site to make ends meet. 

Ron.

Premium Posted by Erazkiel on 30 August 2022 - 07:27:47

Can you at least open positions for a new military creator?

No new registration has been created since almost a year. Maybe recruiting 2 or 3 persons will help to catch up the delay?

Premium Posted by Erazkiel on 09 September 2022 - 07:16:52

Just to put back our request at the top...

Can you open positions for new military editors?

No investment needed for that. Please do something.

Premium Posted by Dougiehd on 11 September 2022 - 10:37:17

Seems there is a problem accessing forums; whenever I click, I get an "object reference not set" error. Only the most recent 5 topics are accessible, from the home page.

The current status of the site is worrying and I am conscious that all of my logging is recorded here and nowhere else. Is there a way to download a backup of all my sightings? Thanks

Premium Posted by AltySi on 11 September 2022 - 11:00:48
Local Airport: MAN

Hi All,

I really like this site and love the fact that it is all web based, and can be accessed from any device without needing software, but I am worried too and all my sightings are recorded here and not on any site.

How can I download my sightings?

Are there any other good web based alternatives?

Rgds Simon

Posted by erdni on 11 September 2022 - 12:03:08

I guess somebody is working on the forums at the moment to keep the spam out, just like promised a while ago.

Admin Posted by nighthawk on 11 September 2022 - 15:49:00

Forum error now fixed - it was due to a user account being deleted that had posted in the forums.

Advert posted for a new military data editor. Apply now :-)

Premium Posted by Erazkiel on 11 September 2022 - 16:31:34

Thank you very much for the military editor position. I will be a big step up if you find new editors.

Please keep up posted !

Posted by erdni on 20 October 2022 - 18:42:30

just to get rid of the spam

Posted by Swakeleys on 04 November 2022 - 16:55:10

Gavin,

Four spam Forum listings in the last 24 hours! Can you remove them please?

Swakeleys

Premium Posted by Dougiehd on 29 December 2022 - 12:52:01

Putting this back on top.

@Nighthawk - you have applicants for Military Editor; when will one be selected?

Admin Posted by nighthawk on 29 December 2022 - 13:52:45

Hi Dougie,

We selected a new military editor a few months back - PauLGold. I'll update the forum post to say we are no longer accepting applications.

Reply To Topic

You need to log in to post a reply to this topic.

<- Back To Forum