ezoic-pub-ad-placeholder-135 - 970x90
Go PREMIUM to remove Ads

PlaneLogger Mobile App - Out Now!

Admin Posted by nighthawk on 27 July 2021 - 08:56:30
Local Airport: CAX

We're excited to announce that we now have mobile apps for both Android and iOS... available in an app store near you!

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.planelogger.app&gl=GB

iOS: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/planelogger-spotters-logbook/id1566782744

Download them and give them a try...

Please note that this is our first attempt at a mobile app, so theres bound to be a few glitches if anyone finds any issues, please post them in here.

Post Edited By nighthawk on 27/07/2021 - 09:07:38
Premium Posted by AltySi on 27 July 2021 - 10:07:02
Local Airport: MAN

Hi All,

Brilliant news this, and looks pretty good.

First comments, I make some of the fonts a bit darker on the homepage, grey and green is a bit difficult to see.

Also, when you search for a registration and click on it, it doesn't say if you've seen it before, just gives you the option to add sighting.

When you look at your sightings, the location is showing as the operator.

Looking forward to using it!

Rgds Simon

Post Edited By AltySi on 27/07/2021 - 13:38:59
Premium Posted by Erazkiel on 27 July 2021 - 10:53:39
Local Airport: VAF

Amazing news !!!!!!!! So happy !!!!! Downloading it now !!

Posted by tangoscar on 10 August 2021 - 03:01:23
Local Airport: BDL

That's awesome, I have been waiting for this ever since I started using this website!

Just checked it out, unfortunately the search function did not work for me, maybe just a temporary bug, will try again tomorrow, but perhaps something which needs a fix down the road ...

Under "My sightings" I can only see a limited number of regs and I don't see a search function there ... perhaps that hasn't been introduced yet?

Thanks! Thomas

Premium Posted by cazpaul on 24 September 2021 - 16:23:19
Local Airport: LHR

Have downloaded today does not seem to search for me either?

Premium Posted by cazpaul on 24 September 2021 - 16:30:27

Are you still playing with this nothing on here about this since 10/8/21?

Posted by brenners111 on 08 October 2021 - 19:53:35

Love this! Just downloaded! :-)

Premium Posted by Hamster1067 on 09 October 2021 - 02:24:24
Local Airport: MEB

I just discovered the app, and I am using Apple iPhone IOS 14.7.1.

Some very early suggestions:

-Search function could be a little slower to allow more characters to be input. ie if I have input first 3 characters it immediately searches, then when I try to put the remaining characters in I have to tap the search box before inserting the next characters.

-After inserting a sighting, some sort of on screen acknowledgement should be received to say in has been successful. Or maybe open "My Sightings" screen to show it.

-As others have mentioned some sort of search or filtering of sightings would be good.

-When an aircraft is searched from the home screen acknowledgement that I have seen it before and maybe the last date and where.

-Ability to edit/delete sightings on "My Sightings" screen.

-Maybe a 'sync' button or an on screen acknowledgement that sync is up to date.

-On the "Add sightings" screen, the most commonly used airports I use should auto populate and/or when the first letter is input my usual airports starting with that character should show for selection.

-On the "Add Sighting" screen an ability to close the keyboard to see the menu buttons, and thus change screens. I acknowledge that may be a phone issue rather than an app issue, but something to tap at the top of the screen would solve it.

As a side story: I had input the same sighting multiple times on the phone. I deleted the excess sightings on the desktop, and made additional notations on the desktop. Interestingly the notions immediately showed on the phone, but the deletions did not occur until I rebooted the app.

Great work on delivering the app, let's get it as user friendly as possible.

Cheers

Premium Posted by Northern Contrails on 10 October 2021 - 02:16:42
Local Airport: YYB

Will not open when using iOS 15.0.1 on iPhone or iPad

Post Edited By Northern Contrails on 10/10/2021 - 02:18:10
ezoic-pub-ad-placeholder-135 - 970x90
Premium Posted by cazpaul on 23 November 2021 - 11:27:53

How we doing with the App anymore Updates?

Premium Posted by cazpaul on 03 February 2022 - 14:50:04

App how we doing any updates?

Premium Posted by cazpaul on 05 February 2022 - 13:22:14

Android App not working at the min.

Admin Posted by nighthawk on 08 February 2022 - 21:03:22

I'll need to re-check the app - some of the recent updates may have affected it - especially the photos.

Unfortunately my mobile guy is up to his eyeballs at the moment, so wont be able to do anything major for the next 2 months, but hopefully we can get them working again asap.

Premium Posted by cazpaul on 20 February 2022 - 10:01:15

When the app is sorted I will be happy then the books can go.

Premium Posted by Dougiehd on 17 April 2022 - 16:12:21
Local Airport: CMB

Hi Nighthawk, I downloaded and installed the app, signed in but not getting anything. There are just 4 tabs on offer - Home, which is headed Recent Images and has a Search Registration box; My Pictures; Add Sighting, which has the boxes to complete; My Sightings. But all are blank.

Do I have to activate it somehow? I wanted to sign out and sign in again but cannot find an option to sign out.

and BTW, an irrelevant detail but "registrations" is spelt wrong.

Premium Posted by Northern Contrails on 18 June 2022 - 22:14:02

Hello Nighthawk

I'm running iOS 15.5 on my iPhone. I still can't open the app without it crashing. Any fix for this soon? Thanks for all you do.

Paul@CYYB

Admin Posted by nighthawk on 27 June 2022 - 17:23:54

Thanks Paul, I will look in to this. We released a new version a few weeks back which we thought fixed all the issues, but maybe not. Try downloading it again just in case.

If anyone else is also having issues, please let me know what iOS version you are on so we can narrow it down

Premium Posted by Northern Contrails on 29 June 2022 - 15:17:27

Hi Nighthawk

I deleted app on both iPhone and iPad and downloaded again. This time I get the log on screen for password. I can enter my username and password. A box pops up thanking me for logging on then app crashes. That's as far as I can get.

Paul@CYYB

Premium Posted by KLAR on 02 July 2022 - 04:02:07
Local Airport: TUS

It does not work for me. I only get an error message when I try to log in. Perhaps later I will install it again.

Reply To Topic

You need to log in to post a reply to this topic.

<- Back To Forum