ezoic-pub-ad-placeholder-135 - 970x90
Go PREMIUM to remove Ads

Air France "Pepsi" Concorde

Posted by Homer on 16 May 2016 - 15:09:07
Local Airport: YCM

F-BTSD is listed here as being operated by Pepsico. as of 31 March 1996. This is not correct. There are many pictures of this beautiful plane in Pepsi colors, but the real story is this, as reported by Frank Litaudon in Airliners Magazine, summer of 1996.

This is the ultimate in corporate theme jetliners. Pepsico called upon Air France and its Concorde to hype a switch from its traditional red, white and blue colors to a new "electric blue". Concorde 101 F-BTSD (msn 213) was rolled out on March 31 [1996] for a special eight-day, 10-city promotional European tour April 1-9. F-BTSD is seen at Orly on the final day of the tour. The new Pepsi colors were introduced first in Europe. Concorde was painted into Pepsi blue then back to Air France colors at a cost of $300,000.

Admin Posted by nighthawk on 16 May 2016 - 21:19:04
Local Airport: CAX

Hi Homer,

I think this is technically correct. The aircraft was on loan to PepsiCo for those 8 days, as reflected by the listings. Although, with it being such a short lease, I guess there is some debate as to whether it should be listed separately, or just added as a comment against the frame.

I think it's noteworthy enough to mention it as a separate listing.

Reply To Topic

You need to log in to post a reply to this topic.

<- Back To Forum