ezoic-pub-ad-placeholder-135 - 970x90
Go PREMIUM to remove Ads

Logging at airports with no IATA or ICAO code

Premium Posted by Dougiehd on 08 November 2014 - 12:41:41
Local Airport: CMB

Hi, quick question, I'd like to log some sightings at Almaty Baiserke airport which has neither IATA nor ICAO code.
Is there a way to do it, or would it have to be a generic "OTT - off-airport" or other?

Thanks

Posted by anorak48 on 08 November 2014 - 14:17:59

mark it as OFF that is what i did for airports with no code.

Gary

Premium Posted by Dougiehd on 09 November 2014 - 06:55:52

Thanks Gary,

I'd like to record where they were seen so could do it as OFF and put in remarks - but most of the sightings at Baiserke were An2s, Mi8s etc so not in the database so I have to add them as Multiple Sightings, meaning I cannot use remarks.

I'll have to ask you therefore to add them to the database - will do that in the other forum!

Cheers

Post Edited By Dougiehd on 09/11/2014 - 07:00:01
Posted by anorak48 on 09 November 2014 - 08:26:49

re edit the aircraft then you can put it in comments then. just click on the pencil symbol at the end of your sighting in your log

Gary

Premium Posted by Dougiehd on 09 November 2014 - 12:03:26

Doesn't work, Gary. The response is:

"Aircraft Not Found

The selected aircraft could not be found in our database. It may have been manually entered by a user, and therefore airframe information is not available."

Posted by anorak48 on 09 November 2014 - 12:38:28

you are clicking on the reg try the pencil next to the delete icon on the far right of your entry and just to the right of the airport code(next to).

Gary

Premium Posted by Dougiehd on 09 November 2014 - 20:55:04

Gary

I am clicking on the pencil at the far right. It brings up the basic record. When I add "Seen at Baiserke"into the comments and click "update sighting", then I get the response "aircraft not found" etc

Posted by anorak48 on 09 November 2014 - 21:46:43

you will do as it was a manual adding but your log will show it as what you saw it as and i get that with my manual added sightings. it just the airframe is not in the DB or was not at the time of you adding it to your log.

Gary

Reply To Topic

You need to log in to post a reply to this topic.

<- Back To Forum